With the development of a fabulous tea line comes the development of packaging a tea line. Holy Headache, Batman!
Let me clue you in on some lessons learned along the way.
- Don’t let the inner perfectionist drive you MAD!
- Quoted print/delivery times never seem to include the 5 “flex” days that printers take for those additional hiccups.
- Always have a Plan B and be willing to go back to Plan A when Plan B falls on its face. Also, reserve a Plan C.
- Too many paints that we use are toxic (well at least the prettiest colors).
- Referrals are the best sources to good vendors.
- Stay away from Colbalt Blue.
- Inkjet labels melt in a laser printer.
- When in doubt, do it all yourself.
- If DIY approach is taken, employ friends and have a bottle of champagne waiting.
I do not know how many of you venturing into the world of retail packaging, but you never know. Here are some photos of a tea line in the making. Enjoy.